Sigma EVFU 415V 1″ Pump End
Sigma EVFU 415V 1″ Pump End: A Progressive Cavity Borehole Pump for Farming Industry
If you are looking for a reliable and efficient pump for your borehole applications, you might want to consider the Sigma EVFU – 415V 1″ Pump End. This is a progressive cavity borehole pump that can handle clean or dirty water with entrained solids up to 5mm in diameter. It is suitable for deep well applications from depths of 8m and more, and can handle temperatures up to 30°C and acidity ranging from 6.5 to 12 pH. In this article, we will explain what a progressive cavity borehole pump is, how the Sigma EVFU – 415V 1″ Pump End is produced, what are its main features and benefits, and how it can be used in the farming industry.
What is a Progressive Cavity Borehole Pump?
A progressive cavity borehole pump is a type of positive displacement pump that uses a helical rotor and a rubber stator to create a pumping action. The rotor rotates inside the stator, forming cavities that move the fluid from the suction to the discharge end of the pump. The pump can handle fluids with high viscosity, solids content, or abrasiveness, as well as fluids with varying flow rates and pressures.
A progressive cavity borehole pump is designed for 4″ borehole applications, meaning that it can fit inside a 4-inch diameter well casing. It is usually submerged in water and connected to a motor on the surface by a cable. The motor can be either single-phase or three-phase, depending on the power supply and the pump capacity.
How is the Sigma EVFU 415V 1″ Pump End Produced?
This Progressive cavity Pump is produced by Sigma Pumps, a company that specializes in progressive cavity pumps for various applications. The company has over 20 years of experience in the field and uses high-quality materials and advanced technology to manufacture its products.
The Sigma EVFU – 415V 1″ Pump End consists of two main parts: the wet end and the motor. The wet end is the part that comes in contact with the fluid and includes the following components:
- The suction casing, which is made of grey cast iron and connects the pump to the well pipe.
- The discharge casing, which is made of malleable cast iron and connects the pump to the discharge pipe.
- The rotor and shaft, which are made of stainless steel and carbon steel and rotate inside the stator.
- The stator, which is made of steel and NR ‘technical rubber’ or EPDM and forms the cavity around the rotor.
- The connecting rod and coupling, which are made of stainless steel and transmit the torque from the motor to the rotor.
- The lip seals, which are located at both ends of the stator and prevent leakage of fluid or air.
The motor is the part that provides power to the pump and includes the following components:
- The motor housing, which is made of stainless steel and protects the motor from water ingress.
- The Franklin Electric motor, which is a three-phase induction motor that operates at 415V and has a rated power of 1.1kW.
- The speed controller, which regulates the speed of the motor according to the demand.
- The cable, which is either Franklin EPR or HO7RN-F and connects the motor to the power supply.
The Sigma EVFU – 415V 1″ Pump End is assembled with precision and tested for performance before delivery.
What are the Main Features and Benefits of the Sigma EVFU – 415V 1″ Pump End?
The Sigma EVFU – 415V 1″ Pump End has several features and benefits that make it a suitable choice for borehole applications. Some of them are:
- It has an outside diameter of 96mm (3.78″), which allows it to fit inside a 4-inch well casing.
- It has a total height of 665mm (26.2″) and a weight of 15kg (without cable), which makes it easy to install and transport.
- It has a discharge connection of G1″, which can accommodate different pipe sizes.
- It has a maximum submersion under water of 30m (98ft), which enables it to operate in deep wells.
- It has a flow rate range of 37 to 92 L/min (9.8 to 24.3 GPM) and a pressure range of up to 80m (262ft), which covers various pumping requirements.
- It has a low power consumption of 3.1A at full load, which reduces energy costs.
- It has a high efficiency of up to 80%, which minimizes losses and maximizes output.
- It has a low noise level of less than 70dB, which reduces environmental impact.
- It has a long service life of up to 10 years, which reduces maintenance and replacement costs.
How can the Sigma EVFU – 415V 1″ Pump End be Used in the Farming Industry?
The Sigma EVFU – 415V 1″ Pump End can be used in the farming industry for various purposes, such as:
- Irrigation: The pump can provide water for crops, plants, or gardens, either by sprinklers, drip systems, or flood irrigation. The pump can handle different water sources, such as wells, rivers, lakes, or ponds, and different water qualities, such as clean or dirty water. The pump can also adjust the flow rate and pressure according to the irrigation needs.
- Livestock: The pump can provide water for animals, such as cows, sheep, pigs, or poultry, either by troughs, tanks, or pipes. The pump can handle water with entrained solids, such as manure, straw, or feed, and prevent clogging or wear. The pump can also ensure a constant and sufficient water supply for the animals’ health and welfare.
- Washing: The pump can provide water for washing purposes, such as cleaning equipment, vehicles, buildings, or floors. The pump can handle water with abrasiveness, such as sand, dirt, or mud, and prevent damage or corrosion. The pump can also deliver high pressure and volume for effective and efficient washing.
The Sigma EVFU – 415V 1″ Pump End is a progressive cavity borehole pump that offers reliability and efficiency for borehole applications. It is produced by Sigma Pumps with high-quality materials and technology. It has several features and benefits that make it suitable for various pumping requirements. It can be used in the farming industry for irrigation, livestock, or washing purposes.
If you are interested in buying or learning more about the Sigma EVFU – 415V 1″ Pump End, you can visit the following links: